Thank you for your interest in our group. Here you’ll find more information to see if CSFG is what you are looking for.
How the group works
- Key to our workshops is constructive criticism, identifying what works well and suggestions on how to build on this, as well as what does not work as well and suggestions on how it might be strengthened.
- We meet every other week from 7pm – 10pm every other Thursday.
- We are located a 5 minute walk from both Angel and Kings Cross underground stations
- At each Workshop Meeting we discuss work from 2 members – maximum of 5,000 words each.
- Work is circulated at least one week in advance by email, allowing members to read in advance.
- We aim for members to use their workshop time in a way they find most helpful as fiction writers have different needs at different stages and our meetings usually involve a combination of individual feedback and group discussion.
Applying for membership
- CSFG has a quality criteria for membership, so we advise all applicants to submit your best work, not work in progress. The best is work that you feel demonstrates your abilities in a rounded way, (e.g. characterisation, prose style, narrative development), or work that has been previously published.
- You’ll need to submit a minimum of 7,000 and a maximum of 10,000 words. We currently do not accept poetry, script, or non-fiction (except memoir).
- After you submit your work to us, all full members will vote on whether they feel your submission meets the quality criteria for membership. We will normally let you know within a month. If you are successful you will be invited to a trial meeting and all being well you’ll become a fully fledged member of CSFG!
If this looks like the sort of group you would like to join please get in touch. Please note, to cover the cost of room hire, refreshments and our website, we ask for each full member to contribute £39 every six months.