Thank you for your interest in our group. Here you’ll find more information to see if CSFG is what you are looking for.
How the group works
- Key to our workshops is constructive criticism of pre-prepared work, identifying what works well and suggestions on how to build on this, as well as what doesn’t work and suggestions on how it might be strengthened.
- We meet every other Thursday from 18:30 until 21:00.
- We are located less than a 10 minute walk from Camden Town underground station.
- At each meeting we discuss work from 2 members who submit a maximum of 5,000 words each.
- Work is circulated at least one week prior by email, allowing members to read in advance.
- Members use their workshop time in a way they find most helpful and our meetings usually involve a combination of individual feedback and group discussion.
Applying for membership
- CSFG has a quality criteria for membership, so we advise all applicants to submit your best work, not work in progress. The best is work that you feel demonstrates your abilities in a rounded way, (e.g. characterisation, prose style, narrative development), or work that has been previously published.
- You’ll need to submit a minimum of 7,000 and a maximum of 10,000 words. We currently do not accept poetry, script, or non-fiction (except memoir).
- After you submit your work to us, members will vote on whether they feel your submission meets the quality criteria for membership. We will normally let you know within a month. If you are successful, you will be invited to a trial meeting and with a view to becoming a fully fledged member of CSFG!
If this looks like a group you would like to join, please get in touch. Please note, to cover the cost of room hire, refreshments and our website, we ask each member to contribute around £30 every six months.